Friday, June 29, 2012

Firsts and Lasts


Its just less than a week before I return to work, and we're trying to squeeze in all the activities we can.

We started by going with Aunt Jenn and (most of) her kids to the Lehi Rec Center pool today to get away from the insane heat. Todd is attempting to deliver a 6mm kidney stone, so Clara and I went on our own. Clara was not super impressed with the heat, and wasn't sure yet about the juxtaposition of cool water, but she did a bit of splashing, snoozing, eating, puking and smiling. Not bad for her first swim day!

She also wore a size 5 diaper for the first time. Mom didn't think to bring anything but swimming diapers, and we needed something to change in to for the drive home. Thanks for sharing, Tate and Tanner!

Fits well, yes?

We also had another visit from Clara's speech therapist today. Ironically, while this is the first visit where she was really happy with Clara's progress on oral feeds, it was also the first visit where she did not gain any  weight. It felt like a tiny step back, but I quickly put it out of my mind when I remembered that she has been eating almost half an ounce, on a regular basis, this last week. The ST also told me I was the first mom she worked with who tracks feeds in Microsoft Excel. You should see the graphs we have going!

Heart Jams!
 I think Clara has worn my favorite heart jammies for  the last time, the ones we brought her home in. We 
love how much they remind of us her miraculous heart, and she wears them 
when the other heart babies are in need of moral support. She might not be
gaining weight, but she did get taller-her toes are ready to break through the
footy part. I think we need to have Nana Wallace help turn them in to jammie
shorts.

I bought KY Jelly for Clara this week. I needed a water based lube to place her NG tube, and this was what they had. So that's a first to commemorate, I think?


101 Degrees at almost 5:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment